Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
You probably already know that at Morris Nursery, we don't just sell plants. Our gift room is currently full of beautiful Christmas decor, ornaments, poinsettias, and more holiday fun. What you might not know, however, is that we also carry an array of local honey, jams, BBQ sauces, olive oils, and vinegar!
Today we'd like to feature a product that is new to our store from The French Olive: Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
Carole Juergenson of The French Olive was kind enough to send us a few recipes to share that sound delicious and could be a great addition to your holiday meals.
If you try these recipes out, let us know! We'd love to hear and see how they turned out.
RICOTTA LEMON MUFFINS
Easy, lemony and moist muffins made from creamy ricotta cheese and The French Olive Meyer Lemon flavored olive oil.
1 lemon, zested
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. whole milk
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup lemon flavored olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
1. Preheat oven to 375'. Place cupcake papers into 12 muffin tin cups.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon zest, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, ricotta cheese, milk, oil, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, & vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry & using a large spatula, fold to combine until incorporated. This will be a thick batter.
5.Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups filling them 3/4 of the way up.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Transfer to the cooling rack & let rest until cold.
7. Meanwhile, prepare a glaze by whisking together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice until smooth. Spoon over the cooled muffins and sprinkle with lemon zest.
Served hot or cold, this recipe makes a light, refreshing side dish. For an extra touch of lemon, you can use The French Olive Meyer Lemon flavored olive oil
1 pound pasta (any shape will do)
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together all ingredients except the pasta
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, lightly oil with The French Olive OIl and add back to your cooking pot or another bowl.
3. Add vinaigrette to the pasta and toss to combine.
4. Serve immediately.